ANDHRA PRADESH ELECTRICITY REGULATORY COMMISSION
General Terms and Conditions of Supply of Distribution and Retail Supply Licensees
Approval - Issued. Proceedings No. Secy/01/2006 Dated: 06.01.06
Read the following:
- Lr.No.APERC/Secy/F: /D.No.379 dated 09-03-2004.
- Lr.No.Lr.No.CGM(Comml)/DE(RAC)/F-GTCS/D.No.715/04 dt. 15-06-2004.
- Lr.No.CMD/NPDCL/CGM/P&RAC/F-GTCS/D.No.240/04 dated 17-06-2004.
- Lr.No. CMD/SPDCL/GM/RAC/F-GTCS/D.No.1160/04 dated 18-06-2004.
- Lr.No. CMD/EPDCL/VSP/CGM/C&R/DE/RAC/F-GTCS/ D.No.1195/04 dated 19-06-2004.
- Ministry of Power, Government of India, Order No.S.O.790 (E) dated 08-06-2005.
- Pursuant to the provisions of clause 21 of the Distribution and Retail Supply Licenses granted by the Commission (Nos. 12,13,14 and 15 of 2000) and in accordance with the provisions of the Electricity Act, 2003 and the Regulations made by the A.P. Electricity Regulatory Commission (hereinafter called the Commission) thereunder, the four Distribution Companies, namely, Eastern Power Distribution Company of A.P. Ltd., Central Power Distribution Company of A.P. Ltd., Northern Power Distribution Company of A.P. Ltd., and Southern Power Distribution Company of A.P. Ltd., (hereinafter referred to collectively as the DISCOMs or the Distribution Licensees) have submitted the draft General Terms and Conditions of Supply (GTCS), for approval of the Commission.
- These draft General Terms and Conditions of Supply were circulated by the Commission to twenty (20) Organizations representing different consumer groups and Nongovernment Organizations including FAAPCI and CII. The Commission also circulated the draft GTCS to the members of the State Advisory Committee for their views.
- The responses received from the organizations/SAC members were referred to DISCOMs along with the comments of the Commission Staff for their remarks duly supported by the opinion of their Legal Counsel on certain matters especially those pertaining to the un-authorized use (Section 126) and theft of electricity (Section 135). The Commission also held meetings with the Distribution Licensees to discuss certain issues concerning the provisions of sections 126 and 135 of the Act.
- Subsequently, the Ministry of Power, Government of India, notified the Order dated 08-06-2005 read above, in exercise of the power vested with it u/s 183 of the Electricity Act, 2003, to remove certain difficulties that have arisen in implementation of the provisions of the Act in controlling theft of electricity, by Distribution Licensees. The said Order enables Distribution Licensees to take measures to control theft of electricity as specified by State Commission, pending adjudication by the appropriate court.
- Having considered all the comments/suggestions of the organizations/ SAC members/Commission staff and response of the Distribution Licensees, and the said order dated 08-06-2005 of Ministry of Power, Govt. of India, the Commission hereby approves the General Terms and Conditions of Supply of the Distribution and Retail Supply Licensees within the State of Andhra Pradesh as contained in the document enclosed herewith.
- These GTCS supersede the existing General Terms and Conditions of Supply. All the clauses of these GTCS except clause 10 shall come into force with effect from the date of these proceedings. The provisions of clause 10 will take effect from the date of notification of the first amendment Regulation to the APERC (Electricity Supply Code) Regulation, 2004 (No.5 of 2004).
- The Distribution Licensees shall make available the copies of these GTCS at all their offices down to the Section Level for reference by any consumer who desires to refer to the same during working hours.